Entry Level Marketing Cover Letter Sample
Are you interested in making marketing your career? When applying for your first position in marketing, make sure to include in your cover letter any previous experience that highlights your related skills and abilities, and builds upon your resume.
The following is a sample cover letter for an entry level marketing position. Use this example as a guide and makes adjustments based on your qualifications to fit the position you are applying to.
Tips for Writing a Marketing Cover Letter
- Include related experience: In the body of your letter, include any experiences that are related to the job you’re applying for. Even if you have never had a marketing job, include experiences where you demonstrated skills and abilities required for the job.
- Use specific examples: You want your cover letter to expand upon your resume. One way to make your cover letter stand out is to provide specific examples of times you demonstrated skills or qualities needed for the job. Examples prove that you have what it takes to do the job well.
- Use keywords: Look for keywords in the job description – words that emphasize the skills or qualities needed for the job. Include some of these keywords in your cover letter.
- Begin with a sample or template: A cover letter sample or template can help you decide what information to include, and how to format your cover letter. However, when you use a sample or template, be sure to change the information to fit the job you are applying for.
- Use business letter format: Use the official business letter format when writing your letter. You want this letter to be professional.
- Edit, edit, edit: Be sure to thoroughly proofread your cover letter. You want your letter to be polished and professional so that you make a strong first impression.
Cover Letter Example - Entry Level Marketing
City, State, Zip Code
Cell Phone Number
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. LastName,
I am very interested in the open marketing position with ABC Marketing Group. I believe that my education and employment experiences make me an ideal candidate for the position.
During my tenure at XYZ College, I developed a passion for marketing and public relations. I have sought out multiple opportunities to develop my marketing skills. For example, last summer, I interned at the National Sculpture Society in New York City. My position entailed developing web pages and slideshows publicizing the success of the society's artists. I was able to utilize my web authoring skills to assist the organization in their goal to promote sculpture.
As an assistant at XYZ College’s career services office, I am responsible for updating information on alumni, career advisors, and companies who publicize internships with our office. This involves heavy calling during my shifts at the office. In addition to calling, I also email clientele. This calls for me to employ interpersonal skills to communicate with clients effectively. Due to my strong communication skills, I have been given even more responsibilities. For example, I now publicize all career services events via multiple social media platforms.
I believe that my experiences in marketing and my interpersonal skills make me a prime candidate for this position. I am a diligent worker, and passionate about my work. I will be a valuable asset to your company and will use this as an opportunity to grow and further the development of my marketing skill set.
Thank you very much for considering my application for candidacy. I will follow up within a week to confirm that all of my materials were received and hopefully set up an interview time.
Your Signature (written letter)
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Marketing Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information.
Hiring Manager’s Name
341 Company Address
Palo Alto, California, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
In response to the posting for a Sales Manager at Epic Scope Technology, I am writing to demonstrate my interest in this position since I believe I have the necessary expertise and qualifications. Based on my many years in sales, marketing, management, and customer service, I am proficient and competent in my skills and knowledge.
As the previous Director of Sales at LT Design, I have had experience in recruiting, training, and developing my sales team nationally. I understand what it takes to manage a team, develop strong relationships with clients, efficiently meet sales quota, and maintain a vibrant and ambitious attitude as a representative for my company.
For the past 3 years as the Director of Sales, I persistently exceeded quotas and generated sales of at least $120,000 per fiscal quarter. I am confident in my abilities to do the same and perform well for Epic Scope Technology. I’ve also managed a sales team and have trained each of them to be a motivated sales representative for my company. I’ve successfully taught strategic sales and operations to my team, applying effective sales tactics that have proven to exceed quotas. With this managerial background, I can certainly achieve the same as a Sales Manager for Epic Scope Technology.
I understand Epic Scope Technology is growing rapidly in the tech industry, and you have recently merged with Slackpot Productions Inc, which has a huge focus in both design and technology. I have been in the product design industry for many years and understand both fields very well. With my industrial knowledge in both design and technology, I can easily and effectively meet sales objectives for Epic Scope Technology.
It is with great interest and enthusiasm that I apply to this position. With my strong work ethic and pro-activeness, I believe I can contribute a lot to Epic Scope Technology. Both my sales and managerial background, in addition to my industrial knowledge, makes me the perfect fit for this job.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I sincerely hope you will allow me the opportunity to prove my skills and experience through an interview. I look forward to hearing from you.