Loan Officers are responsible for processing loan applications and either approving or denying them after going through a set of pre-established criteria. Loans can be granted both to individuals and businesses. Main responsibilities of a Loan Officer are interviewing applicants, requesting financial information from clients, determining financial eligibility, making decisions and justifying them to superiors, creating debt payment plans, recommending different types of loans, and following lending compliance regulations.
A well-written sample cover letter for Loan Officer should demonstrate the following abilities:
An example cover letter for Loan Officer showcasing similar skills is presented below.
Dear Ms. Moore:
When I learned of JMA’s need for a Loan Officer, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an experienced loan officer and mortgage banking specialist with expertise in performing detailed credit and property assessments, originating and managing comprehensive loan applications, and providing exceptional customer service, I am prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
With more than nine years of experience facilitating successful customer lending, I have gained comprehensive skills in applicant interviews, loan policy compliance, underwriting procedures, documentation reviews, and approval submission procedures. My demonstrated record of effectively coordinating loan funding, along with my commitment to optimal customer service, positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Collaborating with loan and real estate agents, title companies, underwriters, appraisers, peers, and management to drive swift and efficient loan processing and completion.
- Training and managing staff members to top performances while excelling on an individual-sales level to realize robust loan sales figures.
- Networking with previous and existing customers as well as vendor referral sources to drive revenue growth.
- Comprehensive knowledge in FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and subprime loans.
With my experience performing full life cycle loan processing functions, combined with my inherent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Brian I. Murray
The cover letter example below is that of a loan officer. The structure of the cover letter is effectively laid out in three paragraphs. The first paragraph introduces the applicant and highlights his strengths. The second paragraph includes bullets discussing key aspects of his qualifications that are relevant to the lending and financial industries. The third paragraph concludes the cover letter by reiterating the applicant's interest in the position. To come back to the second paragraph, it is effectively written by emphasizing four aspects of the applicant's qualifications: his ability to develop and cultivate client relationships, his ability to lead and motivate other employees, his in-depth knowledge of financial concepts and loan products, and his ability to adapt quickly to dynamic situations. Overall, this cover letter sample does a good job at presenting the applicant's skills in a favourable light.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
January 2, 20XX
Ms. Bailey Addison
456 Oak Street
Glendale, CA 91204
Dear Ms. Addison,
It is often said that to operate effectively within a financial environment, one must be tenacious, analytical, and highly dedicated. In addition to these characteristics, I also offer an unsurpassed level of commitment to client service and the ability to quickly assimilate new information into my daily business transactions. Now in pursuit of new opportunities, I would be pleased to apply my competencies to add value as a member of your team.
The following is a representative sample of the skills and abilities that make me unique:
- Effectively developing new and cultivating existing relationships: The ability to form trusting partnerships and guide client decisions is something that sets me apart from my peers. Regarded for my comprehensive understanding of financial products, I am able to work with clients to facilitate decisions that meet with personal financial goals. This has resulted in highly satisfied clients who, in turn, refer others in need of similar services.
- Providing staff leadership and motivation: As the Director of the Mortgage Division with ABC Mortgage Corporation, I formed and continue to nurture professional relationships with my staff, which has resulted in their high performance. Cohesive and dedicated, ideas are shared in an environment that is characterized by ongoing learning. As a result of my managerial strength, retention is high within my group and the team continues to be challenged to exceed performance expectations.
- Utilizing superior financial and business acumen: These skills ensure that I am able to share my knowledge with clients and staff alike. With a comprehensive understanding of loan products and associated features, I provide clients with many options to ensure financing terms and conditions are acceptable given parameters of the overall financial picture.
- Quickly adapting to dynamic situations: You will not find an employee as tenacious. In pursuit of challenges, I readily assume the most exigent projects and effortlessly facilitate their streamlined execution.
I would welcome the opportunity to review my credentials with you in a personal meeting. Please feel free to contact me at the number referenced above to arrange a time to speak.